BattleKnight - News
BattleKnight - News
But it’s also a festive season where trees are decorated and great feasts are held, so this year we’ve decided to keep the much loved BK snowballs hidden away and create a new event for you!
Christmas trees were first set up in the late Middle Ages with Freiburg in 1419 being the first documented Christmas tree. However, instead of decorating it was holly, tinsel, ornaments and other shiny objects, the first trees were covered with food. The main foods used to decorate the trees were apples, nuts and gingerbread. These would be kept on the tree until the new years when a great feast would be held!
The period before Christmas, starting from the 25th of November was also very different. This was a traditional fasting period where you could only eat special food and drink, such as gingerbread.
BattleKnight will now take you on a journey back to the middle ages with our new Christmas event!
The event will be split into 2 parts, the fast + decoration period, and the feast!
Each server will be given its own special tree that has to be decorated in the traditional sense. Player will have to search the realm of Caldean to find Apples, Gingerbread and fir Cones to place on the great tree.
Additionally players may be able to find other objects to give them a special bonus.
Finding Meat and Fish will restore hp (200 and 50).
Bread, Salt and nuts will raise the chance for you to get an event item.
Scraps should be kept in your inventory, if you have enough you might attract and ermine (stoat) who will act as a companion in your journeys!
Stage 1: No bonus
-50% mission cool down.
-50% mission cool down
+20% silver from missions
-50% mission cool down
+20% silver from missions
-20% cost for skills
These rewards are server specific, so if for example, UK server 11 reached stage 4 and UK server 4 only managed stage 2, then UK11 will have the stage 4 reward, whilst UK4 will get only a stage 2 reward.
We will have 2 new Achievements as well
1 based on the amount of donated Christmas tree ornaments
The other is called “Christmas Saviour” Only the top donating players will get this, but with this special achievement you will be an exclusive companion – the Lynx.
1st – 5th of January – the Feasting period
**Additional information: We have some new companions (.C) and mounts (M). The information about them can be found here.
Ermine(.C) - Sold from the 25.12 to the 05.01.2014
Bonus: enemy armour will be reduced by 2%
Bonus: +3% silver from victorious duels
White Stag(M) - Sold during the event. (Fasting and Feasting)
Travel time reduction +50% faster than a normal horse
Bonus: +3% damage
Lynx(.C) (Not sold - Achievement only)
Bonus: +5% ice resistance
Bonus: +5% ice damage
But alas, a more daring opponent has been risen in, graveyards and places of death! They feast on the flesh of the living and have to be defeated!
These monster are much more daring and we have had huge outbreaks in our fair capital Endalain! We also hear rumours that the Ghouls are trying to make an alliance with the dragons in Talfour, they must be stopped at once!
Don't forget that there are 4 other places where the Ghouls can be found as well.
15th of October: Monsterhunt update and event start (DE)
16th of October: Monsterhunt update and event start (ALL)
It's pretty soon, so get ready to start the hunt!
The Hunting Manual
About the event
- The monster hunt is a 2 week in-game event.
- Users have to hunt certain monsters that are only available during the event.
- The monster that needs to be hunted is changed every 2 days.
- There are 7 monsters in total; an in-game notification will be displayed that shows what monster needs to be hunted and how long it will be in the world for.
- The special monsters only appear in certain locations and have a specific drop rate. This means that the monster will not always appear in a mission – even if the user is in the proper location.
- A new currency is introduced for the duration of the event; this is the ‘Hunters Badge’.
- Players can only get the Hunters Badge by defeating the special monsters. A successful 20 point mission will give 1 badge; 40 points - 2 badges and 60 points will give 3.
- The badges can be then used in a special shop that appears during the event. This shop will contain various premium items such as mounts, companions, runes, clues, estate features, special ‘retro gear’ and much more!
- Instead of a potion, users will have a function to buy a mission directly from the mission screen that will give them a 100% chance of fighting an event monster in the next mission.
- The shop will disappear 2 weeks after the event has finished. Players will get information about the vanishing merchant before it happens.
- There will be a new achievement for hunting the monsters.
- The achievement is split into 5 stages and the user will get one of the special retro items from the event for each stage that they reach.
Noble Knights, Lords and Ladies!
We are proud to be able to give you news of what the next update, version 1.4.3 will bring you.
A fine collection of new features, new items and bug fixes!
- [Feature] New Griffin item set will be added!
- [Feature] A new alliance feature has been added in that can be used to highlight allied alliances in the highscore and can be used to block hits on allies, (order leaders choice).
- [Feature] If you have the premium feature ‘Potion of Regeneration’ activated, a ‘fast attack’ button will be added to the highscore list. This will allow you to hit players with a single click.
- [Feature] Even more high level runes have been added in, these are in the form of scales, claws and elemental essences.
- [Feature] A new ‘fast reply’ button has been added for order messages on the top of the inbox.
- [Feature] You can now move mounts between your inventories without having to equip them first.
- [Bugfix] You can now hire mercenaries using Google Chrome.
- [Bugfix] The dragon item tooltips have been corrected so that when hovering over an opponent’s item, it shows you information for their item set, not your own.
- [Bugfix] When using a potion from the new potion bar, it would display a cool down timer for all potions, including the premium potion. This has now been corrected as premium potions can be used at any time.
- [Bugfix] Two castles in the order war map were mixed up.
New Items - Griffin Set
New Items - Runes
New Items – Runes
- Lindworm Claw
+1 Speed, +1 Critical Damage
- Lindworm Tooth
+2 Speed, +3 Critical Damage
- Simple Mermaid Scale
+3 Strike Chance
- Shimmering Mermaid Scale
+3 Defence Chance
- Multicoloured Mermaid Scale
+3 Defence Chance, +3 Strike Chance
- Weak Elemental Essence
+1 Defence Chance, +1 Strike Chance, +1 All Elemental Damage
- Strong Elemental Essence
+2 Defence Chance, +2 Strike Chance, +5 All Elemental Damage
we have news for you about our upcoming update to version 1.4.1.
The update will be installed on BattleKnight.de on Tuesday, 07.05.2013. As usual if all goes well and no major issues are found after the update on the German live servers we will update the other countries shortly afterwards. In this plan the update will be installed in EN, ES, FR, IT, PE, PL, RU, TR and US on Monday, 13.05.2013 and on Tuesday, 14.05.2013 the rest (AR, BG, BR, CZ, DK, GR, HU, LV, LT, NL, PT, RO, SK) will follow.
Version 1.4.1 consists of the following fixes and changes:
- The regeneration rate of life points has been increased from constitution * 0.3 to constitution * 0.6
- A tool tip now shows when a castle has reached its maximum upgrade level
- Players now get a message with a link to the war duel when the preparation phase has ended
- If a multi connection is created between two accounts (by the user or by the GO) and they’re both in the same order the weaker account will be removed from the order unless the weaker account is the order leader. The weaker account is the one that looted less silver.
- There was an error message when trying to remove a member from the order that is in a war saying that you lack access to do so. This was replaced by a more appropriate message saying that the member is in a war or the order is in the preparation phase.
- Mercenaries now only see the war overview in the tavern when the preparation phase has ended
- Players who were logged in in the last three days before a war starts are now recruited automatically. A minimum of 5 knights are still required to not automatically lose the war.
- The number of duels you can perform per day has been raised to 3. Each round gets separated into 3 new rounds to accomplish that. Therefore wars now consist of 9 rounds of 8 hours each. The total salary for mercenaries does not increase due to that.
- The mount inventory was increased to two tabs.
- Hints didn’t check if a companion was still in the loot box and therefore sometimes gave out certain companions again as they have not been in the inventory yet.
- Due to a rounding error the actual regeneration of life points sometimes didn’t match the regeneration rate, this has been fixed.
- The display for life points showed “NaN” after changing your mount, this has been fixed.
- The description of the mystic shield has been changed.
Your BattleKnight Team
- To use the Gameforge.com portal properly, please activate your browser cookies.